The STEM Student Success Program, funded by a grant from the National Science Foundation, is a scholarship program to recruit and retain students in the sciences, particularly in Physics, Chemistry, and Engineering. The scholarship covers tuition and fees for a year and will be renewed for an additional year if the applicant meets the eligibility requirements and recipient obligations as outlined at time of award.
To be eligible for the STEM Student Success Scholarship, applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Have demonstrated financial need as determined by the completed 2018-2019 FAFSA
- Be a US Citizen, US National, US Permanent Resident, or Admitted Refugee
- Enroll full-time in a degree program or transfer curriculum in a STEM field, especially Physics, Chemistry or Engineering
- Demonstrate academic ability and potential as indicated by transcripts
- Have a minimum ACT composite of 21 (or minimum SAT of 1010)
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
Transcripts and test scores should be submitted to COD through the normal admissions process.
Award: Covers tuition, fees, partial books