The STEM Student Success Program, funded by a grant from the National Science Foundation, is a scholarship program to recruit and retain students in the sciences, particularly in Physics, Chemistry, and Engineering. The scholarship covers tuition and fees for one year, and will be renewed for a second year if the applicant meets the eligibility requirements and recipient obligations as outlined at the time of award. Scholarship renewal for a full second year is also dependent on continued funding from the National Science Foundation.
We are now accepting applications for the spring 2020 semester. To be eligible for the STEM Student Success Scholarship, applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Have demonstrated financial need as determined by the completed 2019-2020 FAFSA
- Be a US Citizen, US National, US Permanent Resident, or Admitted Refugee
- Enroll full-time in a degree program or transfer curriculum in a STEM field, especially Physics, Chemistry or Engineering
- Demonstrate academic ability and potential as indicated by transcripts
- Have a minimum ACT composite of 21 (or minimum SAT of 1010)
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
Transcripts and test scores should be submitted to COD through the normal admissions process.
Please be sure to have your completed 2019-2020 FAFSA on file at COD before the scholarship deadline.
Award: Covers tuition, fees, partial books
Please note that we are only accepting students for spring 2020 with this STEM Scholarship application. A separate application for the STEM Scholarship for fall 2020 will become available in January 2020.