John Belushi Jazz/Band Scholarship
The John Belushi Jazz/Band Scholarship was created to support a band student at College of DuPage. Established in 1983 from private donations, this scholarship was created in the name and memory of actor and comedian John Belushi, and Second City, a Chicago-based comedic theatre group. Applicants must be residents of District 502 (College of DuPage’s district) and must have sufficient experience and background in the performing arts. Applicants must complete supplemental questions detailing their experience with instrumental music. Applicants must include two recommendations from educators and/or employers in order to complete the application process. Applicants are responsible for communicating with their recommenders to ensure that materials are submitted prior to the application deadline. Final candidates must audition with an instrumental solo for reviewers in order to be considered for this award. Award: $1,000
- Supplemental Questions
- What instrument do you play and for how long?
- What music ensembles or musical theater productions have you participated in during the last few years?
- Have you ever taken private lessons and, if so, for how long?
- What high school did you attend?
- What is your favorite type of music to play?
- Do you play another instrument?
- If awarded this scholarship, are you prepared to register for and play in the COD Concert Band, and/or jazz ensembles?
- Recommendation Questionnaire
- 1) Recommendation request: Please provide name and e-mail address of recommender
- 2) Recommendation request: Please provide name and e-mail address of recommender
- Show 3 more