Early Childhood Access Consortium for Equity (ECACE) Grant
Are you working or have you ever worked in early childhood education? Are you interested in getting additional educational credentials or an undergraduate degree in early childhood education?
ECACE scholarships are available for undergraduate education at participating Illinois colleges and universities and can cover up to the total cost of attendance after other financial aid received—costs such as tuition and fees, room and board, and books and supplies.
Scholarship eligibility criteria include:
• Currently working or having worked in positions such as teacher, assistant, or director in early childhood centers, schools, or homes; and membership in the Gateways to Opportunity® registry.
• Enrollment or acceptance for enrollment on a full- or part-time basis at a public or non-profit private 2- or 4-year ECACE-participating institution in Illinois, as an undergraduate student, pursuing an early childhood education major or postsecondary credential.
• Be a US Citizen or an eligible noncitizen
• Maintain satisfactory academic progress as established by your college
• Complete the online application process by submitting a complete Early Childhood Access Consortium for Equity Scholarship Program application and a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) on or before by the ISAC-established date in order to receive priority consideration.
• Not be in default on any federal student loan, nor owe a refund on any State or federal grant. If you are in default, you may re-establish your eligibility.
*If you already hold a bachelor’s degree in any field, you are not considered an undergraduate for this program and are not eligible.
For more information about eligibility, a list of participating institutions,
and to apply, visit www.isac.org/ECACEscholarship